Bag of Troubles for Makakilo/Kapolei/Honokai Hale Neighborhood Board
The Makakilo/Kapolei/Honokai Hale Neighborhood Board No. 34 will hold its next regular meeting on Wednesday, August 24, 2016, to discuss various problems cropping up in the fast development of the Kapolei area. Subjects scheduled for discussion are:
- Update by the Hawaii Railway Society concerning breach of preservation measures by the Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT). HDOT plans to extend Kualaka’i Parkway over the railway to Roosevelt Road in Kalaeloa.
- Update on resolution passed on Wednesday, May 25, 2016, for the protection and preservation of the Ewa airfield as a national historic monument and national battlefield.
- Repeat request that the City fund a rewards program and direct posting of signs on or near all City and County parks to reduce property damage in parks. The proposed citizens reward program requires the Honolulu Police Department and existing community organizations work closely with the City plan.
The neighborhood board also has scheduled these presentations for the meeting:
- Camp Timberline (now Camp Palehua) and its activities on property owned by Gill Ewa Lands LLC in Palehua; presented by Gary Gill.
- Pue’o Habitat Conservation plan in Honouliuli and adjacent lands in the Kapolei/Ewa districts.
- Makakilo Drive extension and budget appropriation; presented by Kymberly Pine.
The general public is invited to attend and participate in this meeting scheduled for Wednesday, August 24, 2016, at the Kapolei High School Cafeteria, 91-5007 Kapolei Parkway, 7:00 P.M. – 9:45 P.M.