The Nanakuli-Maile Neighborhood Board will hold two meetings on Tuesday, November 19, 2013. The regular meeting of the board will be held at Nanaikapono Elementary School Cafeteria, 89-153 Mano Avenue, Waianae, at 7:00-9:30 P.M. New business on the agenda are as follows:
- Presentation of Leeward Community College – Waianae plans for a Maili facility.
- Request for support to oppose the Ko`olauloa Sustainable Communities Plan.
- Alu Like Native Hawaiian Library (Ki`ilei).
On the same day at the cafeteria there will be an ad-hoc committee meeting dealing with Leeward Community Benefits Program (Bill 11), 5:00-6:30 P.M. A briefing will be done by Louis Galdeira III, community liaison for Councilwoman Kymberly Pine. There will be committee discussion about community needs and board resolutions.
On Thursday, November 21, 2013, the Transportation Committee will meet at Maili Community Park, 87-360 Kulaapuni Stree, Maili. Chairman Richard Landford will conduct the meeting at 6:00-7:00 P.M. There will be reports on the Oahu Metropolitan Planning Organization (OMPO), the Waianae Coast Secondary Access Route (WCSAR), the Traffic Flow Control Program (TFCP), and the Transportation Safety & Beautification Program (TSP).
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013, the Agriculture & Farming Committee will meet at the Maili Community Park, 87-360 Kulaaupuni Street, Waianae, 6:00-7:00 P.M. Unfinished business will deal with:
- Agriculture/farming programs or projects in public, charter, or private schools – Nanakuli High & Intermediate,: career technology education, Waianae High/Waianae Intermediate: agriculture programs, Nanakuli Elementary: Kupu Ola outdoor classroom, and Makaha Elementary: Hoa Aina O Makaha.
- Community-wide agriculture/farming programs or projects – MAO Organic Farms, Kaaala Farms, Kahumana Organic Farm & Restaurant, and Mana Mana Lima, Inc.
- Agriculture associations/organizations – West Oahu Farm Bureau, presented by Harry Choy, and Mikilua Farmers Association presented by Sophie Flores.
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) food labeling/farming.
- GMO chemical companies, GET exemptions and tax subsidies.
Other topics on the agenda are the Nanakuli Community Commercial & Business Center, Tropic LLC, and government legislative proposals and initiatives. Po-Yung Lai, City government agriculture liaison will be present to hear community concerns.