An ulua fishing tournament will start on October 25 and last through the weekend until Sunday, October 27, 2013. Fishermen must fish from the shoreline, and cash prizes are offered for the winning fish. If you are interested in joining this fun-filled competition, please go to a meeting on Thursday, October 24, 6 P.M. at Maile Beach Park across Kaukamana Road. Contact Josh at 450-4377 for more information. See details of the tournament below:
- Entry form deadline: October 24, 2013, by 8: P.M.
- Mandatory entry fee: $100 (biggest ulua), 4 raffles per team.
- Mandatory meeting: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 6 -8 P.M., Maile Beach Park – across Kaukama Road.
- First, second, and third place winners will win cash.
- Side pot for total weight (optional) $25 entry fee.
- Entire team must report back for raffles.
- 1. Must fish from shoreline.
- 2. Swimming out line is allowed.
- 3. Maximum of four people per team; eight poles may be used with entry fee ($10 for each additional pole).
- 4. Fish anywhere on Oahu.
- 5. Must weigh in by Sunday, October 27, 2013, before 3:00 P.M. Scale opens at 10 A.M.
- 6. Judges have the final say (Any bitten or spoiled fish will be disqualified.).
- 7. In case of a tie, length of fish will determine the winner; if length is the same, girth will determine the winner.
- 8. If caught cheating, team will be disqualified with no refund given.
- 9. No fish allowed from boats, stores, divers, or anyone not entered in the tournament.
- 10.Only the team captain must attend the mandatory meeting.
- 11. Start fishing on Friday, October 25; fishing before start time will end in disqualification.
- 12. Participants are solely responsible for any mishaps such as theft, fights, sickness, or accidents.
- 13. Teams may only win in one category (besides the pot).
- 14. Team captain must be present to receive prizes.
Interested people may pick up an entry form at A & P Auto Parts and Fishing Supplies Store on Farrington Highway in Nanakuli and at Westside Tackle in Waianae (above Hanara’s Restaurant). Return all entry forms to Josh. Contact Josh at 450-4377.