The regular meeting of the Nanakuli-Maili Neighborhood Board will be on on Tuesday, April 16, 1013, at the Nanaikapono Elementary School cafeteria, located at 89-153 Mano Avenue, 7:00-9:30 P.M. New business on the agenda are as follows:
- Kana`iolowalu, a project of the Native Hawaiian Roll Commission (Act 195) presented by Commissioner Na`alehu Anthony.
- Cattle gate in Maili Beach Park’s driveway for emergency purposes.
- Map of a secondary access road for emergency use and related letters to Department of Transportation Services and Department of Emergency Management.
The board’s Planning & Zoning Committee will meet on Thursday, April 18, at the Maili Community Center, 87-360 Kalaaupuni Street, 7:00-8:00 P.M. Its new business subjects are:
- Makana O`Ke Akua, Clean and Sober Living for Men, presented by Director John Dudoit Jr.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ proposed meetinghouse, presented by Robert Mills of PBR Hawaii.
- Hawaii Renewable Products, located at 87-1240 Hakimo Road, requesting a “CUP Major ” to collect and process kitchen grease, presented by Ross Auwae.
The Transportation Committee will meet on Thursday, April 18, at the Maili Community Center, 6:00-7:00 P.M. It will deal with unfinished business topics as follows:
- Bus route changes and schedules on the Waianae Coast.
- Community survey on rail issues.
- Moratorium on future development projects until “WCSAR issues” are addressed or resolved.
The Agriculture & Farming Committee will meet on Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at the Maili Community Park, 87-360 Kalaaupuni Street, 6:00-7:00 P.M. Business topics for discussion are:
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) food labeling and farming.
- GET exemptions and tax subsidies for GMO chemical companies.
- Legislative proposals and initiatives for city, state, and federal governments’ consideration.
- 2013 City & County Agriculture Liaison.
The public is invited to attend all meetings, voice their concerns, and ask questions during the discussions.