Planning a get-together? Here is a Hawaiian island favorite with a Filipino flair, served as an appetizer or “pupu” with cocktails. Turkey Tail Adobo is not only simple to make, but it will be the talk of the party!
- 4 pounds turkey tails
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups liquid, water or chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 round onion, sliced
- Rinse turkey tails, drain, and cut each in half.
- Salt the tails.
- In a large pot mix all the ingredients and add the tails.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Check for tenderness.
- Remove tails from liquid and serve.