The Nanakuli-Maili Neighborhood Board No. 36 is busy this month with meetings for its Transportation Committee, Planning & Zoning Committee, and its Housing Committee. The Transportation and Planning & Zoning Committees will meet on the same day of January 17, 2013, at the Maili Community Center (Park), 87-360 Kalaaupuni Street, Waianae, with the Transportation meeting at 6-7 P.M. and the Planning & Zoning at 7-8 P.M. The Housing Committee will meet on January 31, 2013, 7-9 P.M. at St. Philips Episcopal Church Meeting Hall, 87-227 St. John’s Road, Waianae. This committee will again address homelessness during its meeting.
The Transportation Committee will present information about these topics:
- Waianae Coast Secondary Access Route (WCSAR)
- Traffic Flow Control Program (TFCP) – for accidents on the road and for emergencies.
- Transportation Safety and Beautification (TSP) – for bicycle lanes, sidewalks, bus stop lanes, bridges, cleanup projects, etc.
- Bus route changes and schedules.
- Rail issues.
- Moratorium on future housing development projects.
The Planning & Zoning Committee will address unfinished business concerning:
- Waianae Sustainable Communities Plan (WSCP)
- Nanaikeola Senior Project Phase II – Mike Klein
- Nanakuli Library
- Nanakuli Community Business Center
The public is invited to attend these meetings and voice their concerns related to the topics of each committee.