The Education Committee of the Waianae Neighborhood Board will hold a meeting on Thursday, November 14, 2013, at Waianae High School, Room B105, located at 85-251 Farrington Highway, 4:00- 6:00 P.M. Chairman Calvin Endo will lead the meeting with a discussion of these school issues:
- Bullying legislation.
- Race to the Top updates for schools.
- DOE or Department of Health to provide training to prevent suicides and bullying in schools and among students.
- Secure funding for HPD services on school campuses.
- Safe Schools Act – What is DOE doing to make our schools safe?
Individual school concerns will also be addressed. There will be discussion about enrollment and problems in these schools: Leihoku Elementary, Waianae Elementary, Kamaile Academy, Makaha Elementary, Waianae Intermediate, and Waianae High. Endo will also address specific problems of Waianae High that relate to facility improvements and repairs for the stadium bleachers and for the planning and design of two Searider Production buildings.
Other topics on the agenda for consideration are:
- Waianae Complex.
- Leeward Community College, Waianae Campus.
- Waianae Health Academy.
- Adult School.
- University of Hawaii Student Support Program.
- Hawaiian Language Immersion Initiative.
The public is welcome to attend the meeting and join the discussion. For further information call the Neighborhood Commission Office at 768-3710, 8:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M.