The Waianae Coast Neighborhood Board will tackle various aspects of improving parks and recreation in the area. The Parks, Community & Services Committee will meet on Monday, December 14, 2015, at the Waianae District Park Multipurpose room, 7:00 – 8:30 P.M., 85-601 Farrington Highway.
The committee will consider these topics:
- Ke’eau Beach Park Park adopt-a-park petition.
- Cancellation of park closure/curfew for fishermen.
- Original name research of Pokai Bay.
- Bronze sign on Kaneili’o o Heiau.
- Bay View Drive drainage and iwi kupuna potential.
- Plans for reconstruction of Pokai Bay breakwater – fish sanctuary, Shearwater birds protection, 808 Cleanup with Rep. Tupola, and emergency boat ramp clarification.
- CBAC/CIP projects and funding.
- Inventory and classification of parks- total number and description of Regional District, community beaches, parks, and campgrounds.
- Master Plan evaluation and update recommendations for Pokai Bay Beach Park, Ocean Safety Program House, Lahilahi Beach Park & Botanical Garden, and Makaha Beach Park.
- Makua Lease & Transitional Authority.
- Malama Our Parks – Kimberly Pine, Ke’eau Beach Park presentation Father Hank Albrecht.
The committee will also consider the following park improvements:
- Repairs at existing parks.
- Waianae District Park presentation by Don Hutton.
- Depo Beach Showers and toilets.
- Pu’uohulu Community Park restroom construction.
- Growing taro and cultural-traditional plants on park grounds.
- Repeal attractive nuisance statute.
- Mitigate liability.
- Offer community cultural classes (ku’i’ai/ mea’ai/la’au).
- Soccer fields and possible locations.
- Additional parking at existing parks.
- Additional comfort stations at existing parks.
The public is invited to attend and voice concerns during at the meeting.
Leave a Reply