In my December recipe I talked about the generosity of the Leeward Coast when my family lived there. Their generosity continued for nearly three years while I called Waianae my home. On Valentine’s Day I worked at a daycare center before I taught at Waianae Intermediate School. The children’s parents remembered me with lavish treats and gifts on Sweetheart’s Day. One of these treats was chocolate peanut butter drops. You can whip up these drops in a jiffy, and they look like turtles when done. Even children can make them with a little help, but remind them to use mitts with the microwave.
Aloha, Debbie Schmidt
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) chocolate morsels
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) peanut butter morsels
- 1 can (12 oz.) salted Spanish peanuts
- Combine morsels in a 2 qt. microwave safe casserole or bowl.
- Microwave on high for two minutes, stir, and microwave again for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Drop by teaspoons onto parchment paper, wax paper, or foil.
- Let stand until firm (refrigerate if day is too warm.).
- Store in airtight container.
Recipe makes 4- 4 ½ dozen treats.