My mother was always one to find the fastest and shortest way to do and make things. Maybe she was bored, tired of cooking, or just plain lazy! Here is a favorite dish of hers that we enjoyed eating when we were young. You can’t tell if it’s Italian or local Chinese!
Lazy Man Style Spaghetti
16 oz. spaghetti pasta
3 small cans tomato sauce
4-5 stalks celery, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper (with seeds removed), chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon oregano
2 cups water
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
16 oz. medium cheddar cheese, cut in chunks
3 lbs. ground beef
Cook the spaghetti pasta, following directions on the package/box. Set aside. Then prepare sauce as follows:
1. Heat large pot and brown ground beef, drain oil.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients except cheese, bring to a boil.
3. Simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
4. Add cheese and mix until melted.
5. Stir in cooked spaghetti noodles. Serve while hot.
Leave a Reply